Beyond The Shore: Legacy of the Golden Horseshoe
Return To: Main Page
Quothe Líadan: “Given the apparent obligation of naming every damn thing in your colony after your kings, I’m leaning towards Mabsrath. Strath/srath being the suffix for valley and the delightful conflation of Mab’s Wrath. Would you want to invade Mab’s Wrath? I sure as fuck wouldn’t…”
Your budding nation has little going for it — you have no wealthy sponsors, your citizens are few, you’ve pissed off the Imperials, and you’re effectively at war with the neighboring natives. Luckily you are protected from the Imperials by mountains and distance, you’ve established a decent food supply to get yourselves started and feed you through the winter, and natural resources are plentiful.
Please review the Pathfinder Kingdom Building rules as well as the Settlement rules, as these are both relevant to your current efforts. In addition the following house rules will apply because of this campaign’s lack of emphasis on killing things, acquiring treasure, or buying equipment:
- Every 1000gp increase to your settlement’s base value from structures or improvements will grant an automatic +1 BP per turn increase to your treasure from the increased economic activity (regardless of taxation status)
- Any time a magic item slot would be added from a structure or improvement, a random item of the appropriate type will be automatically added to your party’s loot to do with as you please. After the first item for a given slot, the slots will fill in the normal manner, but the first item produced by the resource is always yours (as a thank you from the community, so long as your relationship with the community is protective rather than exploitative).
|Chaotic Good||1||21||103||10 BP||0||0||0||1|
|Promotion Edicts||none||-1 stability, population growth only by birth|
|Taxation Edicts||none||+1 Loyalty|
|Improvement Edicts||Size 1||Can build 1 building, 2 terrain improvements, and claim 1 previously-explored hex per turn|
1 Population does not include PCs, nor NPCs appointed to Leadership roles.
- Size: Village
- Government: ???
- Qualities: Abundant, Defiant
|Ruler||+Cha to Economy, Loyalty, or Stability (pick one)||Kingdom does not function|
|Councilor||+Cha or Wis to Loyalty||-2 Loyalty, No Holiday edicts, +1 unrest per turn|
|General||+Cha or Str to Stability||-4 Loyalty|
|Grand Diplomat||+Cha or Int to Stability||-2 Stability, No Diplomatic or Exploration edicts|
|High Priest||+Cha or Wis to Stability||-2 Stability and Loyalty, +1 unrest per turn|
|Magister||+Int to Economy||-4 Economy|
|Marshal||+Dex or Wis to Economy||-4 Economy|
|Spymaster||+Dex or Int to Economy, Loyalty, or Stability (choose one)||-4 Economy, +1 unrest per turn|
|Treasurer||+Int or Wis to Economy||-4 Economy, cannot collect Taxes|
|Warden||+Con or Str to Loyalty||-2 Loyalty and Stability|
|Consort||+1/2 Cha to Loyalty, Can act as ruler||none|
|Heir||+1/2 Cha to Loyalty, Can act as ruler||none|
|Royal Enforcer||+Dex or Str to Loyalty, -1 Unrest per turn||none|
|Viceroy||Act as Ruler for vassal states||as Ruler|
Cistern (—): Fed by an artificial artesian spring. +1 Stability.
Houses (1 lot): Stone and sod mounds. Housing for 15 family units. -1 Unrest.
Stable (—): Stone-reinforced to protect against fire, plus special pony-friendly accomodations. +1 Economy, +1 Loyalty, +500 base value.
Oleg’s Fort (4 lots): This sturdy wooden palisade and trading post functions as both a watchtower and a shop. +1 Stability, +1 Economy, +1 Productivity, -1 Unrest, +2 Defense, +500 base value. Includes the stable and cistern inside.
- Man-power: Your ex-slaves are hard-working and slightly desperate. Their efforts clearing land, felling trees, planting, and building net you 1 Build Point per turn.
- Bokken’s Farm: While not beholden to you (other than for his privacy) Bokken’s farm is extremely productive. This counts as a free Farm hex, feeding your workers and reducing your Consumption by 2 (to a minimum of 0).
- Escaped Slaves: The slavers haven’t found you yet, but the threat of them has most of your people on edge. Ongoing -2 Stability. If the slavers actually do close in, this could get much worse.